Do you have research administration or compliance concerns?
- Contact the Office for Research Integrity (ORI) at firstname.lastname@example.org or call
(312) 503-0054 and we will assist you or direct you to the appropriate unit or individual for assistance, OR
- Contact your supervisor, department chair or dean
- Report concerns online or call 866-294-3545 via Ethics Point, a third-party vendor, that will allow you to report concerns anonymously
For Specific Areas of Research Compliance, Contact:
- Falsification of research effort
- Grant management
- Research misconduct
- Research with animal subjects
- Research with human participants
The Office for Research Integrity can also be contacted for any of the above listed issues.
Northwestern policy prohibits the taking of retaliatory action against anyone for reporting or inquiring about potential breaches of University policy or for seeking guidance on how to handle suspected breaches. The identity of confidential sources will be protected to the extent consistent with the needs of an inquiry or investigation. Those individuals who provide information in good faith about questionable conduct will be protected against reprisals.
Northwestern also has specific whistleblower protections to comply with American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA) awards.